Monday, October 31, 2011

The Will to Succeed Surpasses Our Limitations

The will to succeed surpasses our limitations. That thought crosses my mind as I sit here tonight looking at the vast amount of work I have to do. I still have seventy-five essays to grade. I never feel caught up in my teaching. I have papers to write and tomes to read for my grad. classes. And I'm sick. Bad time to get sick. Usually when I get sick, my body is telling me to slow down. As I approach fifty (only a month away), my body sends this message more loudly and clearly and more frequently than ever before. But here I sit with a 101.2 temp. staring at the computer screen. Why do we drive ourselves beyond our limitations? Why do we need extrinsic verification of our worth? I try to tell myself that I am not like that. But my actions speak much louder.  The work will just have to wait. The body is winning out. Listen, Robert........Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment